Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Interviews & other input

Our original plan was to create a formal interview protocol - a standard set of questions - from which to start interviewing. After much discussion, including debating the need for interviews, we have decided to go forward in a more "free form" way and let the interviewer and interviewee determine the agenda. In that sense, these are really more "conversations" than they are "interviews." These are the people involved in the process who sought us out, or whom we sought out:
  • Irene Bush
  • Nicholas Cricenti (our fire safety consultant)
  • Bill Clegg
  • Ron Cordes
  • Dan Fenn
  • Paul Jennings
  • Amy Lockwood
  • Sumar Maji
  • Dave Reynolds
  • Sarah Wicker
  • Grey Wicker
  • Joe Watts
  • David Yermack
  • Officials with responsibility for safety inspections at the island.
We've also had a number of "conversations" with people in an attempt to understand how people viewed these events and to understand their concerns, as well as gather any suggestions for going forward. I (Jordan) had the opportunity to talk to a number of people at LOAS I:
  • Jill Brody
  • Herb Emers
  • Will Emmons
  • Bob Gray
  • Vic Henschel
  • Tom Kane
  • Betty McKinnell
  • George Robbins
  • Bob Romero
The following staff and Pels also provided input. During my two days on the Island, I was down in the Pel dining room a bunch, and had a chance to tell all the Pels there what we were about and how to contact us, as well as letting them know where I'd be for conversation. I was a little disappointed that we didn't a little more input from them, and I wonder if that points to issues we need to think about.
  • Andy Gordon
  • Leslie Lowrie
  • Molly Mansfield
Finally, we got e-mails of greater or lesser length from a lot of people, but I haven't gotten their permission to post their names, so I'm not going to do that yet. If your name is on one of the lists above and you'd rather have it removed, let me know (e-mail me at StarIslandOpenedLate@gmail.com)

No comments: